Thrive Online Appeal
Our world is in lockdown. COVID-19 is changing everything. For some, the challenge is overwhelming, causing a tragic surge in depression, addictions, and domestic violence.
This distanced, suffering world needs the Three Jewels more than ever.
The problem is that Triratna centres are closed. The core of what we’ve offered the world for 50 years relies on face to face contact: practising the Dharma with friends in centres or on retreat.
With no classes happening our dana bowls lie empty. Some centres risk going under within a few months. Our Indian sangha are especially challenged as direct debit is undeveloped and most giving is face to face.
We need your help so that our Triratna sangha continues to thrive, online.
We need committed Triratna Buddhists like you give, ideally each month for the next year.
Please help us raise £200,000 so that:
- The Buddhist Centre Online can offer online collective meditation and inspiration £60,000
- Ordination and youth teams in India, Australia and New Zealand can inspire and train people online £82,000
- Sikkha can share best practice in online Dharma teaching £13,000
- Windhorse Publications can give away free e-Dharma books £8,000
- Triratna’s International Council can coordinate our global response, including advice for centres on crisis cash flow management and online fundraising £33,000
- Indian Movement Coordinator Amritsiddhi can coordinate a national emergency food aid programme £4,000
Together, we can reach out to a world in need.
Our projects are moving online
Online Training for our Dharma Teachers - Sikkha Project
Responding in India - Amritsiddhi
Centre Fundraising Support - Kusaladevi
A Global Response - International Council
Freeing the Dharma - Windhorse Publications
Supporting Sangha in Australia - Maitripala
Practising Online - Buddhist Centre Online
Amoghasiddhi & Vajratara
What your gift can make happen
£30 a month will help train Triratna Dharma teachers through Sikka's online seminars
£50 a month will help Windhorse Publications give away Dharma eBooks
£100 a month will help The Buddhist Centre Online run online meditations and retreats
Give Now to FutureDharma Fund